Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cabela's Three Forks/ Prestige Combo review

I bought this combo a few weeks ago and have been putting it though the paces best I could.  Let me say that I know there are better and more expensive combos out there but I have a budget and this fit it well.

I bought the 5wt, 4 piece combo because I hope to be able to make a trip to one of the trout streams that Nebraska has soon.  I like the way the rod feels in my hands, it doesn't seem to be to stiff or too soft for me, then again I am just a beginner.  I think the rod is great because I can feel it load when I am casting and I couldn't do that with the one I learned to cast on. The reel seems to made well and has a drag system on it but I haven't had to use it yet.

Over all I think this is a good setup for a budget flyfisher.


1 comment:

  1. I bought the same combo. Used it in Colorado last month on small streams and for lake fishing. I am a beginner also. It worked very well for me, caught several in both areas. I did mate it with an Orvis Battenkill 3 reel since the combo came with a right hand reel. Just purchased a new rod the Clearwater 2 from Orvis. 8.5 mid. Mating it with an Orvis Access mid arbor for my next trip.

    ReplyDelete